Last week, we had another meet up with my fellow WORK NOMADS and it was so informative – and fun of course. Allow me to give you a brief background on who we are. For starters, we are a community of freelancers in the Philippines. If you are one, or would like to be one, you are free to join our group. (Click the link and join us)
We were so lucky that for our 2nd meetup, O2 Space PH was generous to sponsor us with one of their function rooms. And since I was one of the organizers for the meetup, they allowed me to have a feel of their facilities.
I am new to this coworking spaces since it has just been recent that I welcomed myself to the world of freelancing. I was used to working at home or at coffee shops so this was a brand new experience for me and I’ll share with you some of it.
Before that, here are some quick facts about the place.
Unit 330 Milelong Building, Amorsolo St., Bgy. Pio del Pilar, Makati City 1230. (ALONG PASONG TAMO BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT)
It isn’t hard to find Milelong Building, so even if you have a car or will use public transport, it should be easy to locate it. And, there’s a parking space! 🙂 Definitely a plus. Also, you won’t have a problem if you want to take a quick snack or a full blown meal as there are convenience stores, fast foods and restaurants around the area.
However, some of the WORK NOMADS told me that it can get rough during the rainy days as the area is notorious for having impassable flood! Good thing it was a sunny weather when we had our meetup. I don’t want to get soaked!
Monday-Friday: 8am to 7pm, Saturday-8am-12nn
I hope they could extend their weekend operating hours to at least 5PM. 🙂
I was greeted by Anya, one of the owners of O2space and I easily felt comfortable. I went there at around 8:30 AM and it was pretty much ‘noiseless’. They offered me water and coffee, which by the way are for free (unlimited pa!) .
I have to commend the interior. It’s a mixture of contemporary designs coupled with vintage and classic pieces. 🙂 You know I love classy things, right?
You can rent a workstation for 4 or 8 hours with the following rates:
4 hours : PHP 400 (After the 4th hour, PHP 100.00 per hour applies.)
8 hours : PHP 600 (After the 8th hour, PHP 100.00 per hour applies.)
And if you feel that you need to use their facilities more often then you can get their monthly rate of Php7,000/15 visits/month where you can stay from opening to closing!
The room provided for Work Nomads is actually spacious. We had around 25 attendees and it was still comfortable. 🙂 Here are some of the inclusions if you plan to rent it :
- Projector with screen, white board and marker, tables and chairs and a basic sound system. Rates above are tax exclusive
- In excess of scheduled booking, hourly rate applies, subject to room’s availability. Function room use beyond O2 Space’s operating hours (8am to 7pm) will be charged an overtime rate of Php2,200/hour.
- O2 Space can also provide catering for your function. Meals (packed lunch and deliveries) may be brought in, but in excess of 10pax a corkage fee of Php 1,000 applies. Buffet set-ups will be charged Php2,500.00.
- PRICES MAY CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
Apart from the workstations and function rooms, O2 space also offers the following :
- Virtual Office – You don’t need a space but you need a legit business address and a phone line? This one should be the answer for your problem.
2. Serviced Office – All you have to do is move in and you have your own office in MAKATI! 🙂
*Rates can be found from their website.
In my opinion, it is decent enough to finish all your emails and to do some research. 🙂 Not lightning – fast, but I would say 8 out of 10.
My experience was ok. I mean, this is far better than working in a coffee shop because of these primary reasons:
- It is more conducive to work because it’s not noisy. This is something you can’t avoid when you are sharing with other coffee lovers hanging around at Starbucks or wherever.
- Your things are safe! You won’t have to worry if you need to eat out or you have to use the loo. Since the workstation is small, the receptionist can manage and can look after your valuables. 🙂
Will I come back? Not on a regular basis as this can still be costly. Besides, I usually work from home since I have kids. But if I am in Makati and would need to make a presentation or pitch something, I’d definitely consider O2 space!